The Women in Engineering session will discuss about Diversity, Equity and Inclusion and then focus on the role of women in the Engineering field. Leading engineers will present their success stories and comment on the challenges and opportunities of their career paths. Different profiles will be participating to the session, from experienced senior researchers to younger ones. A perspective from the industry path will be also presented.
A round table will be run in an interactive way to allow the session attendants to actively participate.
The session is organized with the support of the Chair of the Subcommittee on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion of the IEEE Industrial Electronics Society, Prof. Lucia Lo Bello.
The session will take place on Thursday at 14:00, and their agenda is as follows:
- 14:00 - 14:10 Welcome and Introduction on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the IEEE Industrial Electronics Society, Lucia Lo Bello
- 14:10 - 14:25 Magret Bauer, HAW Hamburg and Lise-Meitner-Professor at the Department of Automatic Control at Lund University, Sweden.
- 14:25 - 14:35 Clara M. Ionescu, Ghent University, Belgium, ERC Consolidator Grant fellow
- 14:35 - 14:50 Sorina Enache, Wind River PMP (Project Manager Professional)
- 14:50 - 15:05 Larisa Diaconu Condrachi, Young researcher at "Dunarea de Jos" University of Galati, Romania
- 15:05 - 15:25 Round table
- 15:25 - 15:30 Closing, Lucia Lo Bello